BMGT7529 - DOING BUSINESS WITH
When China awakens, the world
- COURSE OBJECTIVES
- As the fastest growing economy in the world,
China is getting increasingly important to us by a variety of measures. This
course is designed to provide expert insight into contemporary China and
offer professional guidance for business dealings with this immense country.
Both business and career opportunities will be explored.
- COURSE DESCRIPTION
- (1) Historic and cultural review of
(2) Business environment in China.
(3) Negotiation and transaction with China.
(4) Living and traveling in China.
The course will be conducted in
the format of lectures, class discussions, experiential exercises, guest
lectures, and group projects.
- TEXTBOOK AND READING MATERIALS
- (1) Reading packet - DOING BUSINESS WITH
(2) Debra Soled (editor) - CHINA: A NATIONAL IN TRANSITION, Congressional
quarterly Inc., 1995.
- Quiz(I & II) 30%
- Article review 20%
- Group Presentation 20%
- Group Project 30%
- Attendance is required. Absence of one
session (3 hours) will automatically lower your grade by 10% except for
extreme circumstances with permission.