1 9 9 8
- Mobile Computing starts for Real
- Standard laptops are issued to Freshmen. In four years,
every student can use a computer in the class and outside the
classroom, from home, from the dorms, from the beach, and even
on the University Green.
- Software Licensing reflects Mobile Effort
- Software is licensed so that it can be installed locally.
Students can therefore use these applications on their laptops
wherever they are, and they are not bound to "on-campus" access.
- VU degree program
- The Virtual University offers degree programs through a
contract with "Real Education". Students from around the world can
enroll in Seton Hall classes.
- LearningSpace concerted Efforts
- LearningSpace is used in about 150 sections and has become
a major tool for the English department.
- ACE program starts
- Over 100 students received a full week of training before
class start and are available to mobile faculty
- TLTC makes Presentation to Executive Cabinet
- The TLTC and various faculty members illustrate how
computing can change the paradigm for teaching and learning to the
Executive Cabinet. Cabinet is excited !