1 9 9 4
A concerted effort is being made to improve the information
- Mainframe Computing is phased out
- Email, SPSS, etc. on the mainframe are still usable, but
not much used
- LAN's are setup everywhere
- More LAN's are getting setup (Fahy, GraphLab, etc.),
students and faculty can conveniently login in from their offices
and public labs to read email or use tools such as compilers.
- GroupWise Email takes off
- Most faculty and students have email accounts, a
coherent communications with students and colleagues on campus
is possible and is quickly being used
- Web site is taking off
- Our "budding" web site is taking off, more and more faculty
place information online. Access to the Internet is easier and
cheaper, and somewhat more students have their own computer. Students
start creating their own web pages "on gross".
- 5 Year Plan starts
- Seton Hall develops a 5 year IT plan to bring SHU Computing
in sync with many other universities
technology infrastructure and to address many of the problems
that developed with increase use of technology.