--Date: WEDS - 4/23/03
--Chapters/Areas: Although you are responsible for all of the material covered so far this semester, my emphasis will be on the information in & related notes pertaining to the second half of the semester - i.e.
--Format will be:
-- Some Sample Questions -- some of these may or may not turn up on the actual test
1. Which types ( i.e. sources) of conflict are evident in this group's interaction?
2. Is the group in the videotape engaging in Decision Making or Problem Solving? Clearly explain the difference between the two as you support your choice.
3. All of the members of the group agree on the goal of the decision, but they don't agree on which criteria to use for selecting the best decision. SPECIFICALLY explain what I mean by this.
4. Name & describe one nonverbal "cue" that you think is significantly affecting the group's interaction. Specify the name of the nonverbal channel & concretely explain why you think it is significant.
5. Is anybody in the group sending contradictory nonverbal messages? What do I mean by that? If so, who is displaying those contradictory functions & what do you think is that person(s) 's REAL message?
6. Of the following terms: Gaze, Kinesics, Lifecycle , Collaboration Conflict Management style, Avoidance Conflict Management style, which 2 are observable in this group? Specifically cite the person's name & describe what they did that exemplifies the term.
ALSO BE SURE TO REVIEW ANY ANNOTATIONS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN WRITTEN IN YOUR RETURNED TEST #1
page last updated 4/8/03